SavannahIce is a protocol gateway allowing access to HTTP SOURCE based servers (icecast2)
using any normal RoarAudio client. This is different to any other RoarAudio server in the
way the data is processed: in contrast to e.g. roard SavannahIce does no audio processing
at all. This is useful for sending the output of such a client
(e.g. RoarAudio PlayList Daemon) directly without transcoding.
- Supports multiple mixers (independend streams).
- Supports multi homed setups (listening on multiple addresses).
- Supports loading of plugins and the Common Protocol Interface (CPI).
- Has super efficent and sleep-free scheduler.
- Supports being ran via +fork.
- Supports both EXEC_STREAM as well as PASSFH.
- Binary size less than 32KB on common systems.
- Clean Object-Oriented software design.